Florida’s largest Christian music festival, Rock the Universe, returns to Universal Orlando Resort from January 27–28, 2023.
Get ready for a weekend full of heavenly tunes, uplifting worship, and thrilling rides. Each evening of Rock the Universe, big names in Christian contemporary music (CCM) will take the stage. Here’s what to expect during the weekend of faith and fun at Universal Studios Florida.
Rock the Universe Friday Headlining Acts
The following acts will rock the Universal Orlando stage on Friday, January 27:
- Skillet – Christian metal band Skillet formed in Memphis in 1996. They’re best known for the energetic single “Monster” from their hit album Awake. The album reached No. 2 on Billboard’s Christian chart and earned the band a Billboard Award in 2011. Skillet has also won multiple GMA Dove Awards.
- Bethel Music – Bethel Music is a collective of 13 musicians, most of whom are from northern California. In 2019, their single “Raise a Hallelujah” reached No. 1 on the Christian Airplay chart.
- Rend Collective – Rend Collective is a Christian folk band from Northern Ireland. They’ve toured with CCM star Chis Tomlin and Lacey Sturm, the former lead singer of Flyleaf.
- Evan Craft – Evan Craft is a Christian Latin artist from Southern California. He released his first LP, Spotlight, in 2010. Two years later, he had his commercial breakthrough with the Spanish-language album Yo Soy Segundo. In 2021, he won his first Dove Award for the album
- Katy Nichole – Rising CCM star Katy Nichole released her first single, “In Jesus Name (God of Possible),” in early 2022. The song was an instant hit, soaring to the top of the iTunes Christian & Gospel chart.
Saturday Performers at Rock the Universe
The artists taking the Universal Orlando stage on Saturday, January 28, include:
- Zach Williams – Singer Zach Williams grew up in Arkansas, where he formed the Southern rock band Zach Williams & The Reformation in 2007. After going solo in 2016, he had a No. 1 hit with “Chain Breaker.” In 2021, he won a Grammy for “There Was Jesus,” a moving duet with Dolly Parton.
- Matthew West – Matthew West is a singer and songwriter from Illinois. He is known for the hits “More,” “You Are Everything,” and “The Motions.” He’s won three Dove Awards, including Songwriter of the Year in 2018.
- Dante Bowe – Dante Bowe broke into the contemporary gospel scene in 2017 with his first album, Son of a Father. Since then, he has found success both as a solo artist and with the CCM collectives Bethel Music and Maverick City. In 2021, he won a Dove Award for his single “Joyful.”
- Anne Wilson – Anne Wilson is an up-and-coming CCM singer from Lexington, KY. Her 2021 single “My Jesus” was a No. 1 hit on the Hot Christian Songs chart. The song also landed on the secular Bubbling Under Hot 100 chart.
- We Are Messengers – Christian rock band We Are Messengers released their first, self-titled album in 2016. Since then, the band has performed in 40 U.S. states and five countries, including their native Ireland. In 2021, their song “Come What May” reached No. 1 on Billboard’s Christian Airplay chart.
- CAIN – CAIN is a Christian country band comprised of three siblings, Taylor, Madison, and Logan Cain. Their first album, Rise Up, was released in 2021. It produced the hit singles “Rise Up (Lazarus),” “Yes He Can,” and “The Commission.”
Rocking Around Universal
Rock the Universe is a separately ticketed, after-hours event. Standard admission costs $79.99 for one night or $119.99 for two. Youth groups attending the all-ages event can enjoy discounts if they bring 10 or more guests.
Concertgoers may enter Universal Studios Florida at 4 p.m. on their selected date(s).
When you’re not jamming at the main stage, enjoy supporting acts and DJ sets at the Coca-Cola FanZone. Many of the headlining acts will stop by the FanZone to sign autographs after their performances. Select Universal attractions will stay open all night. Between praising and partying, enjoy rides like Revenge of the Mummy and Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem.
Rock the Universe upgrades include priority ride boarding and all-day theme park tickets.
No matter what ticket you choose, you’re invited to return to Universal Studios early on Sunday, January 29. That morning, guests will come together for a nondenominational church service that’s sure to inspire. Reservations are recommended for this popular and powerful prayer event.
Complete Your Rocking Orlando Vacation at Rosen Shingle Creek
After a fun night at Universal Orlando, return to your luxurious guestroom at Rosen Shingle Creek.
Our clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced hotel puts you close to Universal Orlando Resort. When you’re not rocking the universe, have a blast at our hotel’s swimming pools, arcade, and nature trail. Or go out and explore Orlando. Our location on Universal Boulevard makes it easy to visit the city’s top attractions.
Traveling with a group? We’re here to help you plan an epic Rock the Universe adventure. Visit our Group Promotions page to learn more.