Rosen Shingle Creek® Opened September 9, 2006
Rosen Shingle Creek, 9939 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, Florida 32819
Phone: (407) 996-9939
Reservations – Toll Free: (866) 996-6338
Reservations – Local: (407) 996-6338
Fax: (407) 996-9938
Vice President of Sales & Marketing: Leslie Menichini
Public Relations Contact: Mary Deatrick, (407) 718-4640 or email email@example.com
Rosen Shingle Creek, opened September 9, 2006, and is one of the largest full-service convention hotels in Central Florida. The 255-acre luxury hotel offers 1,501 guestrooms and suites, and 524,000 sq. ft. of dedicated, flexible meeting/event space that includes one of the nation’s largest column-free ballrooms at 95,000 sq. ft. Awarded the AAA Four Diamond designation annually since 2007, the hotel offers an array of amenities such as:
- The Spa at Shingle Creek, a full-service, 13,000-sq.-ft. spa with nine treatment rooms and a state-of-the-art fitness center
- An 18-hole, par 72 championship golf course designed by the Arnold Palmer Design company
- Fifteen dining/lounging options
- Four outdoor swimming pools
- Two lit tennis courts
- Basketball court
- Nature trail and seasonal fishing
- Olympic-regulation sand volleyball court and more
Architecture & Design:
Created as an impressive example of the 1900s Spanish Revival style architecture, the hotel’s high-carved arches accenting with natural warm earth tones illustrate the sense of casual elegance and the grace of historic Florida. Guests are inspired by the 255-acre natural environment surround the hotel, which includes a backdrop of dense oaks and pines along the historic Shingle Creek, the headwaters of the Florida Everglades.
Story Behind the Hotel Name:
In the early 1800s settlers would log cypress trees down the creek and use them to make shingles for the roofs of the settlers’ homes. Thus, the settlers affectionately gave the creek its name “Shingle Creek.”
One of the first settlements in the region was also called Shingle Creek, which was located east of the Shingle Creek waterway. Shingle Creek itself is recognized as the headwaters to the Florida Everglades.
In 1840, a trading post opened near Shingle Mill at the low water crossing point on Shingle Creek, which is a stone’s throw away from the hotel. It is Rosen Shingle Creek’s intent to pay homage to the old Florida Frontier.
Management / Ownership:
Harris Rosen, President and COO
Dan Giordano, General Manager
Leslie Menichini, Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Rosen Hotels & Resorts, Convention Properties
Rosen Hotels & Resorts currently owns and operates eight properties in the Orlando destination market. In combination, these properties total over 6,705 guestrooms and suites, which is approximately six percent of the total guest rooms in Central Florida. Numerous hospitality-industry awards, employee longevity and a reputation for quality have fueled Rosen Hotels & Resorts’ growth for more than 45 years. Guided by founder and President Harris Rosen’s high standards of quality and unsurpassed service, a team of experienced professionals fulfills the company’s on-going commitment to guest and associate satisfaction.
Rosen Hotels & Resorts has become widely known for The Rosen DifferenceⓇ. It is the reason why Rosen is has become Florida’s largest independent hotel company and their award-winning hotels have been named among the best. It is the reason why they are so popular for corporate events and why guests become family. The great thing about being independently owned? Rosen is free to make decisions. They’re free to say “yes” and work with planners to develop the most creative and engaging Orlando meetings, with tailored offers that provide real value as well as a memorable experience for all the attendees. This independence means Rosen is able to constantly reinvest in their properties, including new venues, enhancements, and expansions.
Hotel at a Glance:
- Total Guestrooms and Suites: 1501
- Total Guestrooms: 1310
- Total Suites: 191
- Total Presidential Suites: 3
- Total Meeting/Event Space: 524,000 sq. ft.
- Total Hotel Square Footage: 1,711,063 sq. ft.
- Total Parking Spaces: 2,300
The hotel includes 1,501 smoke-free, oversized guestrooms (among the largest in Central Florida at 436 gross sq. ft.) with the most expansive views:
- 950 Double Queens (one of the most number of double queens available at any one hotel in Central Florida)
- 411 Kings
- 75 ADA guestrooms
191 Suites Including:
- 56 Petite King Suites
- 69 Executive Suite Parlors
- 37 Grande Suite Parlors
- 30 Hospitality Suites
- Three elegantly appointed Presidential Suites – Ibis, Everglades and Hammock
Each guestroom features two phones and is equipped with the latest innovations in technology, including complimentary Wi-Fi and high-speed hardwired internet; 40″ LED HDTVs that include connectivity panels for laptop, iPad, iPod and other devices.
Each luxurious guestroom features a plush Creek Sleeper Bed with fine linens, designer linens and elegant furnishings in the Spanish revival style. Each guestroom also offers an in-room safe (fits up to 17” laptop), mini refrigerator, plush robe, iron and ironing board, hair dryer, coffeemaker, I-home radio/docking station.
The latest RFID technology combined with automatic deadbolt locks at Rosen Hotels & Resorts keeps our guests secure in their guestrooms. The extensive installation is one more way Rosen Hotels & Resorts continues to ensure that every stay is as carefree and enjoyable as possible.
Check-In: 3 p.m. | Check-Out: 11 a.m. There is never a resort fee.
Hotel Safety & Security:
Our main priority is the safety and well-being of our guests and associates. Rosen Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to visually inspect all guestrooms for wellness checks, security, maintenance, or other purposes, even when the Room Occupied sign is displayed.
Shingle Creek Golf Club:
A world-class golf club and course awaits, conceived and executed by the esteemed Arnold Palmer Design Company, with three new holes, a group of designed holes, and the overall balance of the course recalibrated to accommodate design features including more forgiveness and recovery options along extra-long par-4s and par-5s. The new Shingle Creek Golf Club is definitely strokes and chips above a typical “hotel golf” course.
Senior Golf Course Architect Thad Layton says the mission was to add strategy and variety to the golfer’s experience. His design features “harken back to the golden age of golf course design.” The new golf course features more visible and strategically placed bunkers, like the one on the landing area of the second hole (par 5, 561 yard) that forces players to navigate creatively yet demands precision. Regardless, extra fairway width provides all skill-level players plenty of alternative options. Players will notice major differences in the short game as well, especially on a new par-3 hole—the shortest at 191 yards but definitely not the easiest. It runs adjacent to wetland with its pitch angled toward those natural hazards along its entire left side. The new range in the course’s variety swings out at the eighth hole where players see the course expand drastically to a par 5, 610-yard stretch from the back tee.
Shingle Creek Golf Club is also home to the Brad Brewer Golf Academy, a Top 25 Golf School in the Nation ranked by Golf magazine. The academy features a short-game practice area that doubled in size from the original practice area, new state-of-the-art swing analysis and game improvement technology in the indoor hitting bays. Brad Brewer has received numerous awards and recognition’s, such as being ranked as a top 100 teacher by Golf Magazine and PGA class-A Professional.
A state-of-the-art practice facility provides Orlando golfers with everything they need to work on their game. Before playing a round, we encourage players to fine tune their swing at the 70,000-square-feet driving range and to prepare for the tough greens on the new 15,000-square-foot putting greens and brand new bunker and chipping areas.
At Shingle Creek Golf Club:
- Manicured tropical landscaping
- State-of-the-art technology and GPS systems on golf carts
- 5 sets of tee boxes for all playing levels
- Complimentary golf valet parking
- Ability to walk from hotel to golf course
- A 2,000 sq. ft. Pavilion for luncheons or 19th hole gatherings.
This Orlando golf course receives its name from Shingle Creek, the northernmost headwaters of the famous Everglades that provides the natural backdrop of dense oaks and fauna. Shingle Creek’s rich history spans back to early Central Florida settlers and cattle barons who were attracted to the area’s local wildlife, abundant fishing and cypress trees, and the creek which provided mobility. During this period of the creek’s history, it was primarily used for logging cypress trees. The trees were transported down the waterway to a nearby mill where they were processed into shingles, hence the name Shingle Creek.
The Spa at Shingle Creek:
For a more rejuvenating retreat, indulge in a visit to The Spa at Shingle Creek. Our full service, 13,000 sq. ft. spa features nine treatment rooms and an extensive menu of soothing services, as well as a state-of-the-art fitness center. The spa has been developed not just as an amenity for leisure and business guests, but is a destination unto itself, a one-of-a-kind spa experience rooted in the area’s rich history, the surrounding landscape and the traditions of Florida’s indigenous people.
The Spa at Shingle Creek’s creekside signature treatments draw on the restorative powers of the area’s natural fauna and reflect Rosen Shingle Creek’s Florida roots by incorporating citrus and cedar scents. Additional services such as the Calusa Cocoon incorporate aspects from its namesake Native American tribes. Spa packages include 2-hour, 1/2 day, Full Day, Meeting Escape, Day at the Creek, Golfer’s Retreat, Girl’s Getaway, Wedding, Teen Packages and more.
In concert with Rosen Shingle Creek’s overall theme, the architecture and interior design of The Spa at Shingle Creek was developed in harmony with the natural surroundings, incorporating dark woods and a palette of rich earth tones that are a reflection of the lush vegetation and even Shingle Creek itself, headwaters of the Florida Everglades.
Hotel Amenities / Activities:
- Shingle Creek Golf Club —18-hole, par 72 championship golf course designed by Arnold Palmer Design Company
- Golf Pro Shop – voted one of America’s Top 100 Golf Shops by Golf Shop Magazine
- Brad Brewer Golf Academy on-site – Golf magazine’s “Top 100 Instructors” and one of the “Top 25 Golf Schools in America”
- The Spa at Shingle Creek – a full-service, 13,000-sq.- spa, featuring nine treatment rooms, full-service salon and state-of-the-art fitness center with cardiovascular equipment and free weights
- Spacious video arcade
- DJ’s Boutique – offers a variety of women’s apparel, jewelry, home decor, accessories as well as health and beauty products, sundries and souvenirs
- Four outdoor swimming pools — lap, family, kiddie and a quiet pool that features private cabanas available by reservation
- Two hot tubs
- Two lit tennis courts
- Basketball court
- Sand volleyball court
- Seasonal fishing by reservation
- Nature trail
- Electric vehicle charging station available
Conference & Banquet Facilities:
The hotel features 524,000 square feet of dedicated meeting/event facilities including:
- Total Indoor Meeting/Event Space: 410,000 sq. ft.
- Gatlin Grand Ballroom: 95,000 sq. ft. column-free
- Sebastian Ballroom: 60,000 sq. ft. column-free
- Panzacola Ballroom: 40,000 sq. ft. column-free
- Breakout Meeting Rooms: 99 including ballrooms from 850-2,000 sq. ft. each
- Pre-function space: 144,000 sq. ft.
- Exhibit space: 195,000 sq. ft.
- Total Outdoor Meeting/Event Space: 114,000 sq. ft.
- Covered Golf Pavilion: 1,850 sq. ft.
- Outdoor Event Lot: 40,000 sq. ft.
- Largest Theater-Style Capacity: 9,500 people
- Largest Classroom-Style Capacity: 6,432 people
- Largest Banquet-Style Capacity: 6,800 people
- Largest Reception-Style Capacity: 10,000 people
- Largest Exhibit Space: 95,000 sq. ft. (Gatlin Ballroom)
- Largest Outdoor Space: 45,900 sq. ft.
All ballrooms have 31-foot unobstructed ceilings/34-foot high at hang points, hardwire and Wi-Fi capabilities at a fee. The load-in areas feature 17 bays, as well as seven built-in registration desks with adjoining back office space in the pre-function area.
Millennium Technology Group is the exclusive information technology provider for Rosen Shingle Creek. Millennium strives to surpass your meeting expectations with the latest technology and exceptional service. Our full-service, customizable solutions include:
- On-Site Support from your Convention Technology Manager and 24-Hour Help Desk
- Full line of rental equipment including: computers (PC and Apple), tablets (iPads), monitors, printers, copiers, phones, fax machines and shredding bins and machines
- Dedicated hotel video channels to play customized content in select guestrooms and convention areas
- Audience response, attendee tracking and badge reading
- Teleconferencing and videoconferencing
- Digital signage and more
The hotel offers an extensive array of guest services capable of fulfilling any of our of guest needs. These services include:
- Universal Orlando Hotel Partner, where guests enjoy complimentary scheduled daily transportation from the hotel to and from Universal Orlando Resort™ exciting theme parks and to SeaWorld® Orlando and Aquatica®
December 2020 Update: Due to current safety protocols, shuttle service may not run between the hotel and theme parks. Please check with an agent at the guest services desk for today’s schedule and availabilities.
- Mears Transportation offers taxi and luxury vehicle service to/from Orlando International Airport at a fee
- Full service on-site concierge desk
- On-site RICOH Business Center
- On-site ENCORE providing full-service audio-visual event technology
- On-site SourceOne exhibition services
- On-site self and valet parking
- Self-parking: $25.00 plus tax, valet parking: $35.00 plus tax — prices subject to change
- Electric car charging station available
- Attraction ticket sales and scheduled transportation arrangements by reservation only
- On-site babysitting service (reservations required)
- Upscale guest laundry room, open 24 hours and valet services
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in all guestrooms and public areas
- For guests with disabilities, the hotel is equipped with ramps, elevators, automatic lobby doors, Braille signs on each floor and a zero entry pool. The hotel offers 75 ADA accessible guestrooms each with rails around the toilet and in the tub, some with roll in showers. Visit accessibility for more information.
Dining & Entertainment:
A Land Remembered (AAA Four Diamond):
This classic steakhouse is named after the late Patrick Smith’s renowned novel featuring memorable historical moments of Florida’s history and rich landscapes. One of two of the hotel’s fine dining options, the classic steakhouse features Harris Ranch Black Angus Five Diamond Prime Beef and Florida-themed specialties like Gator Creek Stew. A Land Remembered is open for dinner and offers a private dining room (up to 24 people) and relaxing lounge. Seating capacity: 110; outside seating available. Open nightly at 5:30 p.m. Evening resort attire. Reservations recommended. Clubhouse Grille, located inside A Land Remembered, is open daily for lunch from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Cala Bella (AAA Four Diamond):
This Italian bistro, which its name translates to “beautiful creek” is another of the hotel’s fine-dining restaurants, serving dinner in open and private dining settings. In addition, a presentation-cooking bar is available where individuals can dine comfortably with the companionship of the hotel’s creative chefs preparing their culinary delights. The soft music from the piano and savory scent of the Italian cuisine make it near impossible to walk by Cala Bella. Seating capacity: 150; private dining room seats 42. Open nightly at 5:30 pm. Reservations recommended.
Located in the vestibule of the Italian bistro, this piano bar is the perfect location for a quiet relaxing or more intimate gathering or a pre-reception to an excellent Italian meal.
Café Osceola is beautifully appointed in Spanish revival colors of blue and gold. The floor-to-ceiling windows brings in the outside. The restaurant is open daily serving a beautiful buffet. Private dining for up to 24 available. Seating capacity: 412. Reservations optional.
Mi Casa Tequila Taqueria:
Our little casa con sabor Mexicano! Mi Casa Tequila Taqueria serves Mexican favorites including guacamole prepared tableside, a variety of premium tequilas and specialty margaritas. The El Jefe Margarita is sure to please! Seating capacity: 60. Open daily for lunch and dinner.
Adjacent to the popular Headwaters Lounge, Banrai, meaning “many guests” offers guests a comfortable and convenient respite in which to enjoy a few rolls while sharing a cocktail with a friend, and a spectacular view of the hotel’s pool deck. Banrai Sushi features signature rolls, such as the Shingle Creek and Rosen Rolls, as well as traditional sushi rolls, an assortment of sashimi and sake. Seating capacity: 30 including seating for six at the sushi bar. Open nightly at 5:00 p.m.
Tobias Burgers & Brews:
Named for Tobias MacIvey, the patriarch of the hearty Florida pioneering family in the novel A Land Remembered by the late Patrick D. Smith. Tobias Burgers & Brews is located in the heart of the hotel’s dining and retail area, offering a convenient lunch, dinner and gathering spot for both meeting attendees and leisure guests. Tobias Burgers & Brews menu offers gourmet burgers, specialty flats, craft beers and hand-selected bourbons.
18 Monroe Street Market:
The 18 Monroe Street Market offers a variety of items from a quick snack to a quick-to-order meal. The 24-hour deli has dine in and take out options. Seating capacity: 28. Outdoor seating available.
Located just off the lobby, Smoooth Java proudly serves Starbucks™ coffee, as well as an assortment of gourmet pastries, snacks, desserts, and healthy smoothies. Seating capacity: 48.
The Headwaters Lounge lobby bar is centrally located and is a perfect meeting and networking place for everyone! Seating capacity: 247 not including bar.
Creek Ice Creamery:
Have a refreshing treat while enjoying the pool activities. With so many mouthwatering flavors to choose from, we’re sure to have your favorite.
Cat-Tails Pool Bar & Grille:
Rosen Shingle Creek epitomizes the atmosphere of relaxation in every sense! Located adjacent to the pool areas, Cat-Tails Pool Bar & Grille brings the convenience of dining to you pool side or at its bar area, serving a range of beverages and a la carte food items at your fingertips.
Par-Take offers golfers a variety of fare including sandwiches, muffins, beverages and snacks.
24 hours, full service.