Rosen Shingle Creek Opened September 9, 2006
Rosen Shingle Creek, 9939 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, Florida 32819 | Phone: (407) 996-9939
Reservations – Toll Free: (866) 996-6338 | Reservations – Local: (407) 996-6338 | Fax: (407) 996-9935
Vice President of Sales & Marketing: Leslie Menichini
Public Relations Contact: Mary Deatrick, (407) 718-4640 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rosen Shingle Creek, which opened September 9, 2006, is one of the largest full-service convention hotels in Central Florida. The 230-acre hotel offers 1,501 guest rooms and suites, and 490,000 square feet of dedicated, flexible meeting/event space that includes one of the nation’s largest column-free ballrooms at 95,000 sq. ft. Awarded the AAA Four Diamond designation annually since 2007, the hotel offers an array of amenities such as:
- The Spa at Shingle Creek, a full-service, 13,000-sq.-ft. spa with nine treatment rooms and a state-of-the-art fitness center
- An 18-hole, par 72 (7,149 yards) championship golf course ranked one of the “Top 40 Best New Courses in the U.S.” by Golfweek Magazine
- Fifteen dining/lounging options
- Four outdoor swimming pools
- Two lighted tennis courts
- Basketball court
- Nature trail and seasonal fishing
- Olympic-regulation sand volleyball court and more
Architecture & Design:
Created as an impressive example of the 1900s Spanish Revival style architecture, the hotel’s high-carved arches accented by the natural warm earth tones illustrate the sense of casual elegance and the grace of historic Florida. Guests are inspired by the 230-acre natural environment surround the resort, which includes a backdrop of dense oaks and pines along historic Shingle Creek, the headwaters of the Florida Everglades.
Story Behind the Hotel Name:
In the early 1800s settlers would log cypress trees down the creek and use them to make shingles for the roofs of the settlers’ homes. Thus, the settlers gave the creek its name “Shingle Creek.”
One of the first settlements in the region was called Shingle Creek and was located east of the Shingle Creek waterway. Shingle Creek is known as the headwaters to the Florida Everglades.
In 1840, a trading post opened near Shingle Mill at the low water crossing point on Shingle Creek, which is a stone’s throw away from the hotel. It is Rosen Shingle Creek’s intent to bring back the old Florida Frontier.
Management / Ownership:
Dan Giordano, General Manager
Leslie Menichini, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Rosen Hotels & Resorts, Convention Properties
Rosen Hotels & Resorts currently owns and operates seven properties in the Orlando destination market. In combination, these properties total over 6,300 rooms and suites, which is approximately six percent of the total guest rooms in Central Florida. Numerous hospitality-industry awards, employee longevity and a reputation for quality have fueled Rosen Hotels & Resorts’ growth for more than 40 years.
Guided by founder and President Harris Rosen’s high standards of quality and unsurpassed service, a team of experienced professionals fulfills the company’s on-going commitment to guest and associate satisfaction.
Hotel at a Glance:
- Total Sleeping Rooms and Suites: 1,501
- Meeting/Event Space: 490,000 sq. ft.
- Maximum Number of Meeting Rooms: 99 (including ballrooms)
- Largest Theater-Style Capacity: 6,000 people
- Largest Classroom-Style Capacity: 4,000 people
- Largest Banquet-Style Capacity: 4,600 people
- Largest Reception-Style Capacity: 10,000 people
- Largest Exhibit Space: 95,000 sq. ft. (Gatlin Ballroom)
- Largest Outdoor Space: 40,000 sq. ft.
- Total Hotel Square Footage: 1,711,063 sq. ft.
- Total Parking Spaces: 2,300
The hotel includes 1,501 smoke-free, over-sized guestrooms (among the largest in Central Florida at 436 gross sq. ft.):
- 950 Double Queens (the most number of double queens available at any one hotel in Central Florida)
- 411 Kings
- 75 ADA rooms
191 Suites Including:
- 52 Petite Suites
- 69 Executive Suite Parlors
- 37 Grande Suite Parlors
- 30 Hospitality Suites
- Three elegantly appointed Presidential Suites – Ibis, Everglades and Hammock
Each guestroom features two phones and is equipped with the latest innovations in technology, including complimentary Wi-Fi and high-speed hardwired internet; 40″ flat screen TVs that include connectivity panels for laptop, iPad, iPod and other devices; as well as NXTV connectivity.
NXTV technology allows each guest to make restaurant reservations, schedule a spa appointment or tee time, as well as access the Internet to view meeting schedules. The NXTV technology also allows the guest to use broadcast messaging (if attending a convention) and access an email address issued to them during their stay. The email address allows those without remote email access or a laptop computer the ability to send and receive email through their guestroom TV. A wireless keyboard is provided.
Each luxurious room features a plush Creek Sleeper Bed with fine linens, designer linens and elegant furnishings in the Spanish revival style. Original photography by Rosen Hotels & Resorts’ recently retired Vice President Garritt Toohey provides a window on the world of meadows, streams, flora, fauna and other natural treasures of frontier Florida. Each guestroom also offers an in-room safe (fits up to 17” lap top), mini refrigerator, plush robe, iron and ironing board, hands-free blow dryer, coffeemaker, I-home radio/docking station, and Shingle Creek branded in-room amenities from The Spa at Shingle Creek featuring its signature cedar and citrus scents.
The latest RFID technology at Rosen Hotels & Resorts, keeps our guests secure in their rooms. The comfort and security of our guests is at the heart of everything we do. Rest Assured. That is why we have replaced all of our existing guestroom lock systems with a RFID key locking system combined with automatic deadbolts. The extensive installation is one more way Rosen Hotels & Resorts continues to ensure that every stay is as carefree and enjoyable as possible.
Check-in begins at 3pm. Check-out is 11am. Hotel does not charge resort fee.
Shingle Creek Golf Club:
The David Harman designed, 18-hole, 7,149-yards championship golf course features undulating fairways and interconnecting waterways bordered by the natural backdrop of dense oaks and pines along historic Shingle Creek. The design objective is to make the course play “fair” while keeping it an exceptional “test” of golf. There are five sets of tees, enabling players to choose their own degree of difficulty. Located just east of the Orange County Convention Center expansion, the challenging yet playable Shingle Creek Golf Club opened for play in December 2003.
Since its opening, Shingle Creek Golf Club has garnered numerous awards, including Golf Digest‘s ranking as “one of the Best Places to Play,” one of the “Top 40 Best New Golf Courses in the U.S.” by Golfweek and one of the “Top 100 Pro Shops” in the U.S. by Golf World magazine. The course was also ranked one of the toughest courses you can play by the Orlando Business Journal and received the prestigious “Greens of Distinction” award from Corporate & Incentive Travel magazine. Brad Brewer, of the onsite Brad Brewer Golf Academy, is one of GOLF Magazine’s “Top 100 Instructors for 2007-2008” and the online instructor for the Golf Channel. The Brad Brewer Academy was recently named one of the “Top 25 Golf Schools in America” by GOLF Magazine
The Spa at Shingle Creek:
For a more rejuvenating retreat, the Hotel offers a full-service 13,000 square foot The Spa at Shingle Creek, featuring nine treatment rooms and an amazing menu of soothing services, as well as a state-of-the-art Fitness Center. The spa has been developed not just as an amenity for leisure and business guests, but is a destination unto itself, a one-of-a-kind spa experience rooted in the area’s rich history, the surrounding landscape and the traditions of Florida’s indigenous people.
The Spa at Shingle Creek’s Creekside signature treatments draw on the restorative powers of the area’s indigenous fauna and reflect Rosen Shingle Creek’s Florida roots by incorporating citrus and cedar scents. Additional services such as the Calusa Cocoon incorporate aspects from their namesake Native American tribes. Spa packages include 2-hour, 1/2 day, Full Day, Meeting Escape, Day at the Creek, Golfer’s Retreat, Girl’s Getaway, Wedding, Teen Packages and more.
In concert with Rosen Shingle Creek’s overall theme, the architecture and interior design of The Spa at Shingle Creek was developed in harmony with the natural surroundings, incorporating dark woods and a palette of rich earth tones that are a reflection of the lush vegetation and even Shingle Creek itself, the headwaters of the Florida Everglades.
Hotel Amenities / Activities:
- Shingle Creek Golf Club — 18-hole, par 72, 7,149-yard championship golf course designed by David Harman (opened in December 2003), voted one of the top 40 best new courses by Golfweek and “one of the Best Places to Play” by Golf Digest
- Golf Pro Shop voted one of America’s Top 100 Golf Shops by Golf Shop magazine
- Brad Brewer Golf Academy on-site — GOLF Magazine’s “Top 100 Instructors” and one of the “Top 25 Golf Schools in America” by GOLF Magazine.
- The Spa at Shingle Creek, a full-service, 13,000-sq. ft. spa, featuring nine treatment rooms and state-of-the-art fitness center with cardiovascular equipment and free weights
- Spacious Rosen Shingle Creek video arcade
- Four outdoor swimming pools — lap, family, kiddie and a quiet pool that features private cabanas available by reservation
- Two hot tubs
- Two lighted tennis courts
- Basketball court
- Sand volleyball court
- Seasonal fishing by reservation
- Nature trails
- Electric vehicle charging station available
Conference & Banquet Facilities:
The hotel features 490,000 square feet of dedicated meeting/event facilities including:
- 95,000-sq. ft. column-free Grand Ballroom (Gatlin)
- 60,000-sq. ft. column-free Ballroom (Sebastian)
- 40,000-sq. ft. column-free Ballroom (Panzacola)
- 55,000-sq. ft. of Breakout Meeting Rooms (101 Breakout Rooms from 850-2,000 sq.ft. each)
- Over 100,000-sq. ft. of Pre-function space
- 72,000-sq. ft. Outdoor space
- 40,000-sq. ft. Outdoor event lot
- 250,000–sq. ft. of prime square footage of the center’s exhibition space (not including meeting rooms), the largest being 95,000 square feet continuous
All ballrooms have 31-foot unobstructed ceilings/34-foot high at hang points, hardwire and Wi-Fi capabilities at a fee. The load-in areas feature 17 bays, as well as seven built-in registration desks with adjoining back office space in the pre-function area.
Building a Network Focused on Convention Requirements of Tomorrow:
In 2013, Millennium Technology Group began an expansive network enhancement project in Rosen Shingle Creek focused on delivering high-quality wired and wireless products that would support the growing need for technology within the hospitality industry.
- Scalable bandwidth at a moment’s notice
- Network redesign to increase performance
- Taking wireless connectivity to the edge
- Reliable products focused on scalability
The hotel offers an extensive array of guest services capable of fulfilling a wide variety of guest needs. These services include:
- BAGS — Transportation Security Administration-approved remote skycap service allows guests to receive their airline boarding passes and check their luggage directly from the hotel
- Universal Orlando Hotel Partner, where guests enjoy complimentary scheduled daily transportation from the hotel to and from Universal Orlando® Resorts exciting theme parks and to SeaWorld® Orlando and Aquatica® and Wet n’ Wild® (reservations are required)
- Regular transportation to Orlando International Airport
- Full service on-site concierge desk
- On-site RICOH Business Center and gift shop
- Self and valet parking (self-parking: $18.00, valet parking: $24.00 all day Subject to change)
- Electric car charging station available
- Complimentary valet parking for the disabled
- Attraction ticket sales and scheduled transportation arrangements
- Private tour guides and translators
- On-site babysitting service (reservations required)
- Upscale guest laundry room, open 24 hours and valet services
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in all guest rooms and public areas
- For guests with disabilities, the hotel offers complimentary valet parking, ramps, elevators, automatic lobby doors, Braille signs on each floor and a zero entry pool. The hotel offers 75 ADA accessible guest rooms each with rails around the toilet and in the tub, some with roll in showers. Rental scooters are located outside by the valet parking booth.
Dining & Entertainment:
A Land Remembered (AAA Four Diamond):
This classic steakhouse is named after the late Patrick Smith’s renowned novel featuring memorable historical moments of Florida’s history and rich landscapes. One of two of the hotel’s fine dining options, the classic steakhouse features Harris Ranch Black Angus Five Diamond Prime Beef and Florida-themed specialties like Gator Creek Stew and Key West Seafood Au Gratin. A Land Remembered is open for dinner and offers a private dining room (up to 24 people) and relaxing lounge. Seating capacity: 110; outside seating available. Open nightly at 5:30 p.m. Evening resort attire. Reservations recommended. Clubhouse Grille, located inside A Land Remembered, is open daily for lunch from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Cala Bella (“Beautiful Creek”) – AAA Four Diamond:
This Italian bistro is another of the hotel’s fine-dining restaurants, serving dinner in open and private dining settings. In addition, a presentation-cooking bar is available where individuals can dine comfortably with the companionship of our creative chefs preparing their culinary delights. The soft music from the piano carries the scent of savory Italian cuisine to all who walk by making it near impossible to pass on Cala Bella. Seating capacity: 160; private dining room seats 42. Open nightly at 5:30 pm. Reservations recommended.
Located in the vestibule of the Italian bistro, this piano bar is the perfect location for a quiet relaxing or more intimate gathering or a pre-reception to an excellent Italian meal.
Café Osceola & Osceola Bar:
Café Osceola & Osceola Bar are beautifully appointed in Spanish revival colors of blue and gold. The floor-to-ceiling windows brings in the outside. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner serving a buffet and a la carte menu. Private dining for up to 24 available. Seating capacity: 412. Reservations optional.
Mi Casa Tequila Taqueria:
A little casa con sabor Mexicano! Mi Casa Tequila Taqueria serves Mexican favorites including guacamole prepared tableside, a variety of premium tequilas and specialty margaritas. The Jefe Margarita is sure to please! Seating capacity: 60. Open daily for lunch and dinner.
Adjacent to the popular Headwaters Lounge, Banrai, meaning “many guests” offers guests a comfortable and convenient respite in which to enjoy a few rolls while sharing a cocktail with a friend, and a spectacular view of the hotel’s pool deck. Banrai Sushi features signature rolls, such as the Shingle Creek and Rosen Rolls, as well as traditional sushi rolls, an assortment of sashimi and sake. Seating capacity: 30 including seating for six at the sushi bar. Open nightly at 5:00 p.m.
Tobias Flats & Watering Hole:
Named for Tobias MacIvey, the patriarch of the hearty Florida pioneering family in the novel “A Land Remembered” by the late Patrick D. Smith. Tobias Flats & Watering Hole is located in the heart of the hotel’s dining and retail area, offering a convenient lunch, dinner and gathering spot for both meeting attendees and leisure guests. Tobias Flats’ menu offers a diverse range of flatbread-based entries, including sandwiches, pizzas, starters, soups, hand-crafted microbrews and scrumptious salads. Seating capacity: 35. Open daily at 11:30 a.m.
Shingle Creek Clubhouse Grille:
Enjoy great appetizers, sandwiches and lunch entrees before or after a round on our award-winning golf course.
18 Monroe Street Market:
A tradition of Rosen Hotels & Resorts, we extend convenience to our guests by adding our upgraded 24-Hour deli. The 18 Monroe Street Market offers a variety of items from a quick snack to a quick-to-order meal. Dine-in as well as take out. Seating capacity: 28. Outdoor seating available.
Our conveniently located coffee bar makes up a large part of one’s expectations at your home away from home. Located in the main lobby, Smoooth Java proudly serving Starbucks, as well as an assortment of coffees, gourmet pastries, snacks and desserts. Seating capacity: 48.
The Headwaters Lounge lobby bar is centrally located and is a perfect meeting and networking place for everyone! Seating capacity: 247 not including bar.
Creek Ice Creamery:
The Creek Ice Creamery serves in excess of thirty flavors “plus yours” in a variety of cool flavorful treats proudly serving Haagen Dazs™.
Cat-Tails Pool Bar & Grille:
Rosen Shingle Creek epitomizes the atmosphere of relaxation in every sense! Located adjacent to the pool areas, Cat-Tails Pool Bar & Grille brings the convenience of dining to you pool side or at its bar area, serving a range of beverages and a la carte food items at your fingertips.
Par-Take offers golfers a variety of fare including sandwiches, muffins, beverages and snacks.
24 hours, full service.
Rosen Shingle Creek Dining Experience – Private Dining and Buyouts:
At Rosen Shingle Creek, our private dining events and exclusive buyouts will turn any meeting into an inspiring and memorable experience while satisfying more than a few cravings. To inquire about capabilities and availability, or for additional buyout information, please call 407.996.9770.
The ladies will find all their hearts’ desires at Alta Moda. The boutique carries a variety of jewelry and accessories by Brighton, bags by Vera Bradley, as well as hotel wear. Flattering swimsuits and wraps are available for those who can’t resist a dip in one of the hotel’s four-crystal clear swimming pools.
Eagle’s Nest Gifts and Sundries:
Provides plenty to choose from, including Orlando tees, caps and other memorabilia, casual clothing by Life is Good and a variety of Rosen Shingle Creek merchandise from sweat shirts to coffee mugs. Forgotten toiletries, pool toys and travel accessories are also offered.